Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Marvelous marinades: GoodFood's Chile Lime Marinade

Because I am trying to eat more healthfully and cut out extraneous fats, it is always a challenge trying to come up with new and interesting flavors for the same old chicken breasts. Not too long ago, I was on one of my very rare shopping adventures at Whole Foods on Magazine when I discovered GoodFood marinades. I chose the Chile Lime Marinade at random and added it to the my cart.

Half-used because I couldn't wait!

I never would have guessed in a million years that one impulse purchase would be so damned good! If you've never tried this particular brand, know that it has the "Good Housekeeping" seal of approval and is only one gram of fat per serving...only one!

The resulting chicken dish I created with the marinade made me feel like I was cheating it tasted so good. Robust flavors like onions, roasted garlic, lime and (of course) chiles burst into your mouth. Now, I make this chicken almost every week.

Just in case you were wondering, you can get it now at Rouses, too!

No comments: