Friday, March 30, 2012

House of the week: Victorian on Coliseum Street

How perfect is this house for me? Let me count the ways! First, it is a classic New Orleans Victorian built back in the early 1900's. Second, it has three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a cute little shed in the back that would make a perfect workshop for John or myself. Third, there is a second floor balcony leading off from the master bedroom. Fourth, the house still has a lot of original features like it's hardwood floors, French doors, transoms, exposed brick fireplaces, and interior plantation shutters. Fifth, the house is located five blocks from Napoleon Avenue (read parade route), three blocks from Magazine Street and around the corner from Creole Creamery and St. James Cheese Company.

This beauty is listed at only $519,000, which is a mere drop in the bucket to the lucky winner of the Mega Millions Lottery who's going to cash in on $640,000,000 and who loves my blog so much that they will gladly buy me this house just so I'll stop whining about wanting a dream house. Right?

No comments: