Monday, July 13, 2015

House of the week: Greek Revival on Philip St.

It seems I will continue to torment myself by searching through long listings of elegant New Orleans-style homes until either I win the lottery, write a best-selling novel or some philanthropic soul becomes empathetic to my misery and gifts me my dream house. What? It could happen!

During my latest tour of self-imposed dolor, I discovered this little beauty on Phillip Street. Naturally, all of the features you know I adore were present and accounted for including the ubiquitous hardwood floors and high ceilings, transoms, ceiling medallions, floor-to-ceiling windows, sliding pocket doors, exposed brick fireplaces and a freaking guest house out back past the courtyard.

Perks include being located within the luxurious Garden District, only four blocks away from St. Charles Avenue and less than one block from Magazine Street. Right around the corner we'd have Stein's Market & Deli and District Donuts Sliders Brew. Plus, I would be in short walking distance of Juan's Flying Burrito, Maya's and more ... not to mention the literal butt-ton of shopping available in that short, one-block stretch.

Perhaps if I wish upon a star, drop coins in a well or place my hopes on thousands of fluffy dandelion seeds blown into the wind, the $739,900 required to purchase this house will magically appear in my bank account, but until then, the dreams must go on.

No comments: