Wednesday, August 10, 2011

House of the week: Victorian on Louisiana Avenue

I know what you are going to say. I know! I know this house is way out of my price range...by about $150,000 but hey, at this point, almost everything is out of my price range. This is a dream house though and I just couldn't help posting about it. My blog, my rules!

Over on Louisiana Avenue, a block from Magazine Street and only six blocks from St. Charles Avenue (i.e. Mardi Gras Parade Central), is a beautifully renovated Victorian house that I really, really, really would love to own. Built in 1865, this gorgeous house has two bedrooms, two bathrooms and over 2,000 square feet of living space. It also features my favorites; original hardwood floors, 12" ceilings, exposed brick fireplace, ceiling medallions, marble in the bathrooms, brand new stainless steel appliances in the kitchen....I'm panting...out of breath....I think I might be dizzy!

The worst part? It's going for $399,000. Excuse me while I adjourn to my bedroom for a good, long cry...

2 comments:

CoastingThroughTheSouth said...

If you like that sort of house, then buy a double and rent out one half. You'll be able to afford much more house with rental income coming in.

Peter said...

The whole house is 2000 sq ft. $200/sq ft is overpriced. Also clearly too small to subdivide.