Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween envy: Reborn

Driving home from dropping John off in the Quarter the other night, I decided to take a different way home to see if I could scout out anymore excellent Halloween decorations. As I emerged from under the Interstate overpass on Annunciation Street, I discovered this beauty.


The plaque out front read 'Fleur De Lis' Mansion Founded 1824 Historic Landmark. The property is obviously a handsomely restored Double Gallery, one I recall being in need not so very long ago.


Happy that a classic beauty had been revitalized and showing Halloween spirit in this industrial neighborhood, I stopped to take pictures. With mammoth bats swinging from the gallery and a recently vacated, red satin coffin on the porch, it's apparent these folks went "all out" for All Hallows Eve.

No comments: