Monday, November 10, 2014

House of the week: Double shotgun on Royal Street

In my seemingly never-ending quest for a house, one specific consideration I have not mentioned a whole lot is a decent backyard. Not only do I want to plant herbs and vegetables in a small garden of my very own, I have a dog. He is an extremely cute and fuzzy dog named Pippin who is quite mischievous, playful and wholly deserving of an outside space where he can run around, bark at elusive kitties and sniff out all the wonders a proper backyard can contain.

While browsing this morning, I came across this cute double located in Bywater, right on the edge of the Marigny. The house itself offers two bedrooms and one bath on each side in the traditional shotgun layout, floor-to-ceiling windows, fireplace mantles, super-high ceilings and hardwood floors. It's located less than two blocks from the new and improved Crescent Park, nine blocks from Frenchmen Street, eleven blocks from the Quarter, two blocks from Pizza Delicious, and five blocks from Elizabeth's.

Yet with all of these fabulous features, what is most stunning about this particular house is the gargantuan back yard. I mean, the house is approximately 1,600 square feet and the lot is 2,300 square feet leaving about 700 square feet just for the backyard, which includes a sprawling oak tree. Though it's about $60,000 out of my price range, I wish I had the means to buy this awesome house listed for $249,900. I'm sure Pippin would love it!

No comments: