Wednesday, June 8, 2011

House of the week: Dream within a dream - Victorian on Jackson Avenue

Just for shits and giggles, this week I decided to double my price limit in my usual house search from $250,000 to $500,000. I figured if I had stayed in California, it would have been impossible to buy a home for less than 500K, so what would I get if I had that much to spend in New Orleans?

Well, right after I clicked the "search" button, the first home to pop up is this stunningly gorgeous Victorian house built in 1851. Tears came to my eyes as I lovingly scrolled from image to image showing a home with heart-wrenching architectural details, a huge gallery and front porch, wrought iron railing and floor-to-ceiling windows. This "mansion" has 3025 square feet of living space complete with laundry room, living room and dining room featuring 14 ft. ceilings, classic hardwood floors, claw foot tubs, fireplaces and even some beautiful, classic chandeliers. Take a look at this beauty and you just might cry too...