Thursday, January 22, 2015

House of the week: Greek revival cottage on Moss Street

If you're going to dream, might as well dream big, right? Or perhaps in this case, dream small. Before I confuse myself, and you, let me explain. While browsing my weekly torture (read: real estate) sites, I discovered this reclusive, little cottage in Mid-City.

Currently owned by famous artist Mario Villa, this three bedroom, two bath Greek revival cottage is another one of those "Oh don't I wish" type of homes. Little more than 1800 square feet, this Greek revival home is over two centuries old and is located smack on the Bayou St. John. Here, take a glimpse on Google maps what the view is like from the front door. The cottage features high ceilings, marble mantles, a double parlor, elaborate mouldings, columned front porch, floor to ceiling windows, hardwood floors, transoms, French doors, surprisingly modern bathrooms, textured walls and an overgrown "secret garden" in the back.

You have to look past all of the artistic "clutter" in this creative abode. It might not seem like it's worth $1,300,000, but if I had the money, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I thought you liked me...
Why do you continue to do this to me.
I'm winning the lottery first ;P
Nan