Wednesday, June 22, 2011

House of the week: Craftsman double on Willow Street

So I was browsing around and I found yet another great house for sale in my 'hood. Only a couple of blocks away on Willow Street, there is a gorgeous double shotgun (Yep! I'd rent out the other side) originally built in 1911. It's got everything I love so dearly, the dark hardwood floors and high ceilings plus well-remodeled kitchens and lovely bathrooms. Since it's a Craftsman-style house, it has unique architectural detailing like built-in columned book shelves breaking up the parlor from the main family room and thick, chunky columns in front of the porch. There is some odd, half-constructed building in the backyard (another potential rental opportunity perhaps?), but the main house looks solid and well-maintained. The house is going for $239,990 which, again, is a bit of a reach for me, but with rental money coming in, I think I could swing it.

Now...who's going to gift me with the $12,000 down payment? Anyone?

No comments: