Friday, March 13, 2015

House of the week: Double on Jeanette Street

In case you didn't notice from other posts, I really love my neighborhood. Although my current digs leave something to be desired (washer & dryer, lack of mold, light etc.), the 'hood in which it resides makes it worthwhile. So, in that vein, I've been searching the Riverbend for a home that would delight me and be in my price range.

Okay, so this double on Jeanette Street is twice as much as I can pay (pathetic, I know), but I can't help thinking what it could be if I got my grubby little hands on it. The realtor describes it as a "new-classical revival" but I just think it's beautiful. With almost 2000 square feet, I'm assuming each unit is one or two bedrooms per side, both replete with gorgeous wainscoting, 13 foot ceilings, stained glass windows, sliding pocket doors, fireplace mantles, original hardwood floors, transoms and what appears to be barge board ceilings.

The house is located only a few blocks from where I now sit, typing away furiously because there is no way in hell I'd be able to purchase it. Not only is it listed at $275,000, but the house still needs a good bit of work. I hope that someone who can afford it will snap up this gem and love it as much as I would.

No comments: