Friday, January 23, 2015

Wolfing Waffles on Maple

“You should eat a waffle! You can't be sad if you eat a waffle!”  -Lauren Myracle

I wasn't sad, but I wanted a waffle, specifically a waffle from the groovy (pun intended), Waffles on Maple located on Maple Street (duh) featuring a distinctive waffle facade. A new friend and I met at the small wafflery (is that a word?) for lunch a few months back and quickly got happy.

Due to my every-widening ass, I'm not a huge fan of the restaurant's interior. It's a tiny place taken up mostly by the kitchen/counter and the only seats require one to perch upon a small stool while wolfing your waffle. If you've got posterior problems like mine, I highly suggest waiting for a warm day and sitting at one of the tables outside on the sidewalk.

Zuheily (my friend) and I ordered at the counter and perched on a stool to await our simple, yet fabulous fare. I mean, how hard is it to make a waffle? I've made tons at home on a Williams Sonoma Waffle Iron I bought for a relative long, long ago (she didn't want it ... go figure?). I've whipped up everything from Belgian to Chocolate Chip and topped them with honey, whipped cream, maple syrup and ice cream, but these ... these were waffles of a different color.

I ordered one of their daily specials, a cornbread waffle topped with a jalapeno-grit cake and smothered in melted cheddar cheese and sour cream. Talk about a carb attack! It was intensely filling and pretty tasty, though I'm not positive I'd order it again. It's more likely I'd order on the sweet side next time, likely something similar to Zuheily's dish, a Strawberry Shortcake waffle covered in a hot, strawberry sauce with huge chunks of strawberries and whipped cream cheese. Next time...

Waffles on Maple on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Son Nguyen Truong said...

Exactly, with syrup and its crunchiness, there always be a smile on your face.