Monday, September 22, 2014

House of the week: Shotgun single on Royal Street

“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” -J.M. Barrie

If I could fly, you'd find me soaring into a home just like this. Do I think it's over-priced? Yes. Do I know the difficulties of living in the Faubourg Marigny? Yes I do. Would I still buy this house if I had the ducats? Yes, yes I would.

This awesome, historic single shotgun features transoms, pocket doors, gorgeous hardwood floors, exposed brick fireplaces, mantles and an adorable backyard, but the best thing about it is the location. It's only five blocks from the French Quarter, three blocks from Frenchmen Street and only one block from Cake Cafe & Bakery where I'd likely spend every morning if I lived there. This century-old house is listed for $335,000 ... come fly with me?

No comments: