Monday, May 20, 2013

House of the week: Double gallery on 8th Street

"Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?" -Alfred Lord Tennyson 

If I could truly live inside my dream, it would likely look like this gorgeous, double gallery home on 8th Street in the Garden District. Can you see me flitting around, traipsing over the gleaming hardwood floors? Standing at the floor-to-ceiling windows? Feasting in the oval-shaped dining room with pocket doors? Lounging in the sun room reading a good book? Swimming in the pool out back? Swinging on the front porch with a Mint Julep in hand? I can...

This stunning house has over 6,600 square feet of living space, five bedrooms, six bathrooms, an elevator and a freaking movie theater. It's located a little over a block from the parade route and only 3 1/2 blocks from Magazine Street where I can indulge daily in deliciousness from Sucré, La Divina Gelateria, Joey K's, Gott Gourmet, Slim Goodies and so much more. Plus, as it turns out, I'd only need a paltry $2,300,000 to make this dream a reality!

No comments: