Monday, July 2, 2012

House of the week: Victorian on Zimpel

"So near, but yet so far." It's a perfect analogy for this week's house...not to mention my whole housing dilemma. Hundreds of gorgeous homes all around me, yet they are all out of my reach.

Sigh.

Anyhow, just a skip away down Zimpel, I found this beautiful Victorian for sale and snapped a picture with my phone, so I could do a bit of research before I shared it with all of you. Built over a century ago, this house features a free-standing fireplace that separates the two front parlors, high ceilings, crown moulding, cypress doors, and pine floors, floor-to-ceiling windows and (of course) transoms. It has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a brick courtyard with a cute fountain in the backyard and it's in my neighborhood, one I rave about on a regular basis.  Best part? The house is listed at only $310,000...

2 comments:

Mary Griggs said...

Hey, they've dropped the price to $299,000!

Unknown said...

Ahhh! I want!