Sunday, January 15, 2012

House of the week: Victorian on Constance Street

As of Twelfth Night (January 6th), carnival season has begun and I find myself longing to live closer to the parade route. I dream of having festive parties at a house where guests can easily walk out to St. Charles and enjoy the krewes rolling by and return to a comfortable place where they can not only use the restroom (an invaluable commodity during Mardi Gras), but can kick back and unload their heavy cache of beads before heading back out for the next parade.

With those specifications in mind, I think I may have found the perfect house! Over on Constance Street in the Irish Channel is a Victorian double (converted into a single) that is only one block from Magazine and only six blocks from St. Charles. It is a stunning renovation that kept all the qualities I desire in a New Orleans home including the original hardwood floors, pocket doors, exposed brick walls, ceiling medallions and transoms. It also has a gorgeous kitchen with black & white tiled floors, built-in bookcases, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a cute little courtyard out back. If only I could afford this beauty which is listed for $310,999.00. At least it doesn't cost me anything to dream...

2 comments:

Tiare said...

That house is so nice! i really enjoy your "dream-houses" posts!

Unknown said...

Thank you! Although it's torture, I love dreaming about these houses, too!