Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's a miracle! Raw apple cider vinegar...

Sciatica has been a pain in my ass, quite literally, for the past 15 years.  When I lived in California, I was visiting an osteopath who treated me, successfully, for a mere $200 a visit.  Unfortunately, there are no osteopaths in New Orleans...or even in Louisiana for that matter.  The closest one lies more than a day's travel away in San Antonio, TX.    After managing the pain through stretching and exercise over the past 7 years, it just got to be too much and just recently, I decided to start seeing a local, highly recommended chiropractor.

Although I have just begun my treatment, I am already starting to see small signs of improvement and I am beginning to have a little more faith in the abilities of my doctor. He knew I was also trying to lose weight and suggested that I start drinking vinegar. And not just any kind of vinegar.  He suggested I mix two teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar (he specifically recommended Bragg's) into an eight ounce glass of water twice a day.

I know plenty of unconventional uses for vinegar, like cleaning hardwood floors for example, but I had never heard of drinking raw, un-distilled, apple cider vinegar for weight loss.  I did a little research and discovered that weight loss was only one of it's many side effects.

For example, people have reported improvement in conditions like allergies, sinus infections, acne, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, flu, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux, sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, and gout. It also improves digestion, strengthens your immune system and promotes clear skin and, if used as a rinse, can prevent dandruff, dry scalp and generally make your hair healthier. You can even use it to improve your pet's skin conditions and also to help deter fleas!

The benefits seemed virtually limitless! I went to Whole Foods on Magazine and purchased a bottle right away. I've been taking it in the morning and the evening for three days now and I am crossing my fingers in hopes that I will not only feel improvement in my back, but that it will also help me lose a little extra weight every week. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's the status? How did it work for you?